It is amazing how mighty God is! I love to praise Him and to sing to Him and about Him. And as I was reading tonight, I read about how the LORD brought a victory to Jehoshaphat, King of Judah in II Chronicles 20. The people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir came to battle against Jehoshaphat. The king and all the people of Judah gathered together in the house of the LORD and Jehoshaphat cried out to the LORD God about their enemies coming to make war and how Judah could not stand against them without God. God sent the prophet, Jahaziel, to Jehoshaphat. Jahaziel told him not to fear because they will not need to fight for the battle is not theirs but the LORD's, to POSITION themselves and STAND STILL to SEE the salvation of the LORD. The next day, they wned to the Wilderness of Tekoa and Jehoshaphat told the people to BELIEVE in the LORD their God and they will be established and to BELIEVE His prophets and they shall prosper. Then he set up people to sing to the LORD and people to praise the LORD. and they were saying, "Praise the LORD for HIs mercy endures forever." And when they began to sing, the LORD sent out ambushes against the people of Moab, Ammon, and Mount Seir and they destroyed each other. And when they came to a place overlooking the wilderness they found all their enemies slain and found an abundance of valuables with the dead and took it and were blessed.
Several things I've learned, remembering that we do not fight against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in heavenly places (Ephesians 6:12) are these:
1. Whenever there's a problem we can't handle, know that God can handle it and take it to him, crying out to him if we feel the need to.
2. God speaks to us through people who are of Him and that we should take heed to what they tell us and we will prosper.
3. If God guides to go to a certain place to be in "position for His blessing, we should go.
4. When God says to stand still, then stand still and we will see his salvation and blessings.
5. God will establish us if we believe in Him.
6. Praise in the midst of the problems moves the heart of God. So, we should praise him, not only when things are good, but when things are bad.
So, I say to the LORD my God, Hallelujah in the name of Jesus Christ!!
Life Lesson Learner 1